Jump into the new world of health insurance
We focus on improving lives, and we’re breaking out of the status quo to achieve that. You can help shape the changes that matter to Rhode Islanders.
You can make a difference
Join a team that’s large enough to create change but small enough to be innovative, with a laser focus on helping those around us.
You are unique – and you belong here
We appreciate and celebrate everything that makes each of us individuals so we try to make everyone feel welcome, valued, and included.Go beyond labels
Helping all Rhode Islanders
Volunteering is in our DNA because we all want to help our communities. Whether it’s pounding nails or raising money, we know we can make a difference.See how we help
We love working here
We could gather hundreds more quotes telling you how great this place is. But these sum it up well.
“I was immediately impressed by the passion my coworkers have for our community. And BCBSRI cares about its employees. It feels more like a family that prioritizes employee wellness."
At BCBSRI since 2019
“I attribute much of my success here to having co-workers who are collaborative, supportive, and willing to work together on innovative solutions. I am very fortunate to be surrounded by people I enjoy."
At BCBSRI since 2020
“On a daily basis, you can find me hosting safe spaces for our employees to engage and collaborating on efforts to ensure inclusion and equity for our associates and the overall state of RI."
At BCBSRI since 2021
Start your career here
Internships can reward you with real-life experience, new friends, and valuable mentorship. Sometimes they lead to great careers at BCBSRI.
Health Data Analyst
Vice President, Medicare
In their own words
See what our 2022 interns learned about working at BCBSRI.
Colleges, universities, and programs
Is your school listed? Interns are drawn to BCBSRI from many schools throughout the region.
- Boston College
- Boston University
- Brown University
- Bristol Community College
- Bryant University
- Community College of Rhode Island
- Johnson and Wales University
- New England Institute of Technology
- Northeastern University
- Providence College
- Roger Williams University
- Rhode Island College
- Salve Regina University
- Skills of Rhode Island Program
- University of Rhode Island
- University of Connecticut
- Year Up Program
Working here has so many benefits. Here are the highlights.
- Competitive and transparent pay and bonus plans
- Employee 401(k) with 6% company match
- Flexible spending account with employer match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid dependent life insurance
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Public transit reimbursements
Health & well-being
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Well-being programs with employee incentives
- Well-being reimbursement
- Health savings account with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account—medical
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Flexible work arrangements with telecommuting opportunities
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 6 weeks paid parental leave (20 full weeks bonding time)
- Adoption benefit
- "Dress for your day" casual dress environment
- Onsite fitness center
- Paid volunteer program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan repayment program
- College-bound saver 529
- Professional development
Learning path & development
- Blue University
- Mentoring Programs
- Leadership Programs
- Learning Labs
We're looking forward to meeting you
At BCBSRI since 2009
Chrissy leads an HR team that provides strategic support and consultation to our business lines. In 2009 Chrissy joined BCBSRI’s intern program and has held numerous HR roles prior to managing the team. Chrissy is an active member in our Disability Inclusion Network employee business resource group.
At BCBSRI since 2004
Jackie’s career began as a customer service rep providing exceptional service to our members. Jackie participated in our corporate rotational program placing her in a full-time HR role. Jackie is an active member of our Latin@Link employee business resource group.
At BCBSRI since 2018
Erin’s HR experience prior to joining BCBSRI was with a large Fortune 500 company. Her domestic and international experience has been a terrific match for BCBSRI. Erin is an active member of our Military Services employee business resource group.