Blue Choice New England
If you’re looking for:
All the advantages of a regional BlueCHiP plan—such as one common offering to all your employees whether they live in Rhode Island or nearby, lower premiums, and PCP-coordinated care—with the added option of choosing out-of-network providers.
Blue Choice New England members have the lowest out-of-pocket costs when they coordinate their care through their PCP, and also have the option of choosing a provider outside the network and paying more out of pocket.
Highlights of a Blue Choice New England plan:
- Coordinated care is at the core of this plan, which can lead to quality care at lower costs
- This lower premium product can help control costs for you and your employees
- Your employees gain peace of mind knowing they have access to the best care in New England
- In case of an emergency, we’ve got your employees covered, no matter where in the country they are
Choose from doctors and hospitals throughout the region
Members can choose and use Blue Cross and Blue Shield doctors and hospitals in Rhode Island, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire:
- 11,000+ PCPs
- 30,000+ specialists
- Close to 200 hospitals including:
- Rhode Island Hospital (including Hasbro Children’s Hospital)
- The Miriam Hospital
- Women & Infants Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Hartford Hospital
- St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center
The vast majority of Rhode Island and Massachusetts hospitals are in-network. This list is subject to change.
Coordinated care can save time and money
Trying to make sense of a large network of doctors, labs, specialists, and pharmacies can be hard, and can cost you and your employees precious time and money. We’re changing that with our BlueCHiP family of plans. These plans provide your employees with a team of healthcare professionals led by a primary care provider (PCP). Your employees’ personal healthcare team will work to ensure they receive regular health screenings and tests, and they can help coordinate referrals whenever they need to see other doctors.